Aug 3, 2010

Orange Mid-Tail, Feral Cat Photo of the Day

Caught in the middle of taking a casual bath...
Orange Mid-Tail Feral Cat
View On Black | View On Black, Large


This is an example of what I call mid-tail or a half tail cat. I'm not sure how to describe it. Among the local feral cats there are some genetic oddities including various bobtails and twisted tails. There are also a few mid-tail or half-tail cats. This is not due to injury; it is a genetic mutation.


Orange Midtail Cat taking a bath
 Overall this tom seems pretty healthy. Whatever the genetic oddity that's involved it doesn't seem to be hurting him in any way. There might be three or four "mid-tail" cats in the colony. 

Face portrait of Orange Midtail Cat

Anyway you look at it, he's a beautiful boy. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

--
Photos by Pagani: EOS 1n Fujifilm Superia 1600 ISO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome! I always answer questions if I can.