Mar 31, 2009

Feral Cat Of The Day - LoJack

One of the very first short-tailed cats to appear in the feral colony, I named this tom Low-Jack...or LoJack, I didn't think much about how it was spelled, I just thought it was a cute name for a kitty, especially a vagabond feral cat. :)


cat photo picture of LoJack a bobtail feral cat


I used to have a picture of him as a kitten but I lost it somewhere. Well, at least LoJack is still with us! I'm afraid he's a bit of a scaredy cat... hard to get a picture of him. But he's kind of friendly too. He has a special place he hides when it is feeding time: He knows I'll bring him his own special little bit of food.

This is a recent photo; here LoJack is about 5 years old. I still think he's adorable.. I even made up a song about him a few years ago "LowJacky Go" ..and if/when I find that baby picture, I'll post it.

UPDATE:
10/09 - Low Jack has gone missing. The last time I saw him he was looking healthy and eating just fine. Therefore, my best guess is that he was a victim of coyote predation. This is a rural feral cat colony and unfortunately these things happen. It always seems like it's the sweetest cats, though.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss. In my search for some kind of tracking device I came upon your page. My cat is missing too, I fear he was taken by coyotes as well. He always stayed close to home because he was afraid of everything. It's kind of funny the picture of your cat reminds me of the same picture I have of my cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was the short tailed cat located exactly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Northern Oregon coast, south of Tillamook, Oregon.

      Delete

Comments are welcome! I always answer questions if I can.