Dec 22, 2009

Buff-Beige On The Fence Post - Feral Cat Photo of the Day

An orange/beige/buff feral cat sits on a fence post watching me with a degree of suspicion - something you expect with feral cats.

On The Fencepost

He looks like he has a bit of a cold, which is common among the ferals right now. He also has his winter coat, making him look scruffy in a cute way. This is the sort of photo I really like for the calendar. I like to show them as beautiful animals who often live very hard lives... there is enough ugliness in the world without me repeating it here.

And speaking of orange-buff kitty cats, I spotted the fluffy orange kitten nestled atop one of my shelters!

He/she ALSO appears to have a cold but I'm really glad to see it is still around. This is a very hard time for kittens what with the cold weather and viruses going around.

I got a nice note from another cat rescuer who lives about 60 miles away. It's so nice to hear from others who are helping these poor animals. Her blog is here. Keep up the great work!

1 comment:

  1. Chriss, I just received your calendar in the mail and your cat photos are achingly beautiful. I want to rescue all your calendar cats...Thank you for the care you give them.

    Merry Christmas to you and the cats!

    Kindest regards,

    Midori

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! I always answer questions if I can.