Sep 16, 2010

Tough-looking Punk Tom Cat

Tough-Looking Punk Tom Cat

Punk Tom looks so tough! He's really a pussycat, though. He tries his best to avoid people. Anyway, I hadn't taken his picture for a while so I thought it was about time.

Punk is probably middle-aged, I guess. I've lost track but I think he's around 7 or 8 years old - pretty old for a feral cat. He never misses a feeding but in general prefers to avoid people.




He's one of the more unique-looking cats of the feral colony. We think his look is due to fighting injuries, rather than genetics - but we do see some rather odd genes in the feral colonies, too. You can see other stories about him by clicking on the Punk Tom tag ...yes, he's so interesting that he has his own tag on this blog!

2 comments:

  1. He looks like he's been ear clipped on both ears from a distance, could he have had fly strike that damaged the ear tips in the past that just healed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY interesting cat! I followed your link and saw his story and photos. So glad you let me get to know him -- you've got to love his will to survive. I'm really glad you are helping these cats. You've shown me a world I didn't know existed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! I always answer questions if I can.