Dec 19, 2009

If You Rescue Me - The Song of The Feral Cat

I hadn't heard this in a while but I just found it again and wanted to share it with you. As silly as the video is (from the movie, The Science of Sleep) this song always makes me cry...



The video is a little silly but to the point. Of course, you also need broadband to play it, so here are the lyrics, written out:

If you rescue me,
I'll be your friend forever,
Let me in your bed,
I'll keep you warm in winter,
All the kitties are playing
and they're having such fun,
I wish it could happen to me,
But if you rescue me,
I'll never have to be alone again.
Oh the cars drive so fast
and the people are mean,
and sometimes it's hard to find food,
let me into your room,
I'll keep you warm and amused,
all the things we can do in the rain
If you rescue me,
I'll be your friend forever,
Let me in your bed,
I'll keep you warm in winter,
Oh someday I know
someone will look into my eyes
and say, "Hello, you're my very special kitten,"
So if you rescue me,
I'll never have to be alone again..,

By the way, this song is from the movie soundtrack, The Science of Sleep. I can't put the whole song online for legal reasons but you might want to seriously consider getting the album just for the feral cat song, If You Rescue Me:

I think it's worth it.

4 comments:

  1. I look into Hunny Bunny's blue eyes and tell her she is a beautiful lady who has been through so much this past year and a half....this winter she shares my bed with me and slowly works her way into our hearts...
    Thank you for this post....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish all kitties could have such loving homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mittens loves this song

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had a loving woman like that I'd take the kitties and the kitties to rescue me

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! I always answer questions if I can.