Apr 17, 2012

Mostly White Older Feral Cat

Whitey has been with us a long time, really. He's kind of a fixture here and I'll miss him when he's gone. Since we lost Punk Tom and some others, he's probably one of the oldest feral cats here.

This phone photo of him attempting to get some sun makes him look a bit haggard, and I suppose he is - but then he's kind of always been like that. He's prone to upper respiratory infections and I often think how maybe I could help him if he'd just let me touch him. But that will not happen.

Probably I couldn't help, anyway. If he has one of the chronic diseases to which feral cats are prone, there really isn't anything that can be done. So food is about the best comfort Whitey is going to get. That's sad, but he likes to eat and we keep working to make that happen.

2 comments:

  1. have you ever used L-lysine in his food? it helps with the immune system -not sure if there are to many cats for this but it may help alittle with this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitety looks like he has lived a long life. Thanks for making life a little easier for him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome! I always answer questions if I can.